- Title: Course Director, MSC 4010
- Position: TRP Team
- Company: Yocto Law, Founder
- Industry Sector: Biotech, Law
Dr. Chan is a lawyer, scientist, educator, and entrepreneur and advises individuals, startup ventures, established companies, and stakeholders in the life sciences and health technology sectors. She has significant experience working closely with world-renowned clinicians and researchers to commercialize academic inventions. Gabriella earned a law degree (JD) from Osgoode Hall Law School and trained at a national Bay Street law firm in Toronto. She completed a doctorate (PhD) in molecular diagnostics and postdoctoral work in handheld diagnostic devices at the University of Toronto and holds a Regulatory Affairs Certificate in Medical Devices. Prior to founding Yocto Law, she served as the VP of Legal Affairs at a nanotechnology company.
- Area of Expertise: Intellectual Property
- Areas of Translational Research: IP strategy, licensing, commercialization
- Academic Affiliation: Labratory Medicine and Pathology