The TRP is a course-based Masters program.
Students are required to complete a total of 8.0 Full Course Equivalents (FCEs) to graduate. These include:
- MSC 1000Y: Foundations in Translational Research (1.0 FCE)
- MSC 1002H: Overview of Methods in Practices & Contexts (0.5 FCEs)
- MSC 1003H: Rhetoric of Science (0.5 FCEs)
- MSC 2021Y: Projects in Translational Research (1.0 FCE)
- MSC 4000E: Capstone Project in Translational Research (2.0 FCEs)
- MSC 4010E: Core Modules in Translational Research (2.0 FCEs)
- Elective(s) 1.0 FCE
The courses are designed to be complementary help students learn strategies for problem-solving, translational methods, develop their ideas, and grow their leadership and networking skills.
For further breadth, students will select 1.0 FCE of courses in subjects of their own choosing. Typically these courses should be done in parallel with the Capstone Project to address individual knowledge gaps or areas of interest. Students may select courses from a list of pre-approved courses or take any other graduate-level course offered at the UofT (or a recognized Ontario University) provided they first make arrangements with the course instructor, the offering department or institutions and then obtain the approval of TRP Program Director