What is TRxD?
Translation by Design (TRxD) is a donor-supported matching fund intended for faculty and professionals interested in health impact AND earning a Master’s Degree in Translational Research.
Faculty, researchers and other professionals at hospitals, government or industry, when accepted into the TRP, can leverage $5,000 in tuition funding when their institution commits a match of $5,000 towards their Translational Capstone Project.
You can work on a Capstone Project, earn a graduate degree, and learn to be a better translator all while receiving up to $10,000 in tuition and project support.
For more information on the program (or to donate) contact:
Tel: (416) 978-4474
Benefits to Trainees:
- An opportunity to execute a facilitated Translational Research Project within the hospital or industry context
- The opportunity to hone core transferable skills
- Reduced tuition and project seed funding
- An opportunity to build community and network around issues of innovation and knowledge translation
- Earn a Master’s of Health Science in Translational Research degree
Benefits to patients, hospitals, and industry partners:
- The opportunity to identify future translators
- The chance to identify and expedite promising existing or ongoing research for translation towards application
- Applied training for trainees that focuses on tangible needs and outcomes
- The opportunity to foster and engage in a TR community of applied health science innovation