How To Apply
Extraordinary thought leaders and creative problem-solvers need Apply!
Applications are only reviewed when submitted through the official School of Graduate Studies application system and after the applicable application fee is paid.
- Start your application here: Apply ONLINE
- You will need to “register” if you are a new applicant or “login” if you have already created a profile
- After completing your profile, select LMTRRMHSC under the Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology as your Degree Program of Study (Degree POSt)
IF you have any trouble accessing the system please contact us directly at TRP.medscience(at)utoronto.ca
You will need to provide:
A Letter of Intent (LOI)
Academic transcripts (from all post-secondary institutions attended)
(3) Referee Contact information
Letter of Intent (LOI)
Letter of Intent (1/2 pages / 500 words)Your letter should be 1 to 2 pages / 500 words. There is no set formula for a Letter of Intent. However, a strong Letter of Intent should address the following points:
- Your expertise/background
- What makes you interested in the program?
- What you would like to get out of the program?
- An example of a Translational problem or project that requires development and what steps it might take to implement it.
You will need to upload copies of your transcript(s). Admission offers may be made based on these copies, however, official academic transcripts are required before registration into the program. You must have your academic institution(s) mail official copies of your transcript(s) to the TRP office as instructed by the application website before you will be allowed to register.
If you completed an undergraduate degree at the University of Toronto, you do NOT need to pay for an official transcript. You can take a copy of your transcript online and upload it online and we will access the official records internally.
(3) Referee contact Information
References must be submitted by referees via the online application website. Once your application fees are paid, you will need to register your referees and provide an institutional email address. The online system will send your referees instructions for completing the reference.
Your referees must include at least one academic and two individuals who may speak to your capacity and performance. Your references cannot be family, friends (peers) or other applicants.
Incomplete applications cannot be reviewed. It is your responsibility to make sure that all required documents are submitted by the application documentation due date.
You may check the status of your application on the online application website.
Applicants are screened for eligibility and all eligible applicants are interviewed but since enrollment is limited (to 25 – 30 students per cohort) not all applicants meeting the requirements are offered admission.