The Forge Business Incubator is a limited-enrollment program for early-stage startups. These entrepreneurs are past the business idea stage and have started gaining traction by launching their startup to the market or have developed a prototype. We create customized plans for a small cohort of startups to help them grow. Alumni of this program include software, hardware, IoT, medical devices, healthcare IT, life sciences, advanced manufacturing, and consumer products companies. Full-time founders based in Hamilton are preferred but all applicants are welcome. The Forge and McMaster University do not take equity in the companies we support and are committed to growing the entrepreneurship and innovation community.
Business Incubator Client Perks
- 8 Months of incubation with opportunity to extend
- Financial reimbursement program
- Dedicated workspace within The Forge at McMaster Innovation Park*
- One-on-one mentorship from Entrepreneur-in-Residence and/or Incubator Manager**
- Advisory from 50+ Volunteer Mentors**
- Professional service providers for IP, legal, accounting, finance, tech advisory, marketing, and more.
- Makerspace with advanced prototyping equipment and makerspace technical lead for advisory*
- Conference and meeting rooms*
- Connections to government funding programs including OCE, NRC-IRAP, NSERC, Mitacs, etc
- One-on-one investor pitch practice**
- Introductions to angel investors and venture capital firms*
- Weekly startup peer2peers and monthly founder socials
- Workshops, seminars, and networking events*
- Access to talent and recruitment support
- PR/media exposure via newsletter and social media
- Business address and mailbox*
* At this time, access to space, makerspace, conference rooms, and mailing address are subject to restrictions from Public Health, MIP, and the University’s policies and are closed until further notice.
** All meetings and introductions are virtual until further notice.
- Submit your application.
- The Forge will contact you to schedule a phone interview.
- If selected, you will be invited for a follow-up interview to discuss your startup via Zoom. Applicants will have the opportunity to deliver a 5-minute pitch with 10 slides or less.
Based on the results of the interview process, The Forge will select 5 companies to join the new cohort.
Visit for https://theforge.mcmaster.ca/index.php/programs/the-forge-business-incubator/ more information.